waiting for my muse in a dark alley with an aluminum bat

unedited pure neanderthal musings NeANDERThallus's DONut EDiT!!! historical records from my cave walls... brutality, menial labor, minor victories, hot sexy interludes....... 3 years on the edges of a society that i cant distance myself enough from

My Photo
Name:

since 2005 i've been picking at this keyboard. the thoughtstreams flow, who knows from whence they came, or to whence they go? enjoy the ride...... i am

Friday, October 29, 2010

THIS IS THE LAST OF IT!

SEE MY NEW DIRECTION AT
www.theworldsmostimportantblog.blogspot.com

post # 500
100 posts a year for five years........

my grandfather ran away
my dad stayed
there were three young kids up there in hartford
as a result my father was raised by women
the maiden aunts who lived upstairs helped raise him and his sisters
his only escape was the priesthood
finally a place to be around men
to see how men act
men being men under the watchful eyes of a loving god
a god who taught you to love your fellow man
some of the more literal minded clergy helped my dad reconsider this career path
he disappointed his mother when he left
but he still sits down with no discomfort at all

my dad was raised by women and as a result he still wipes his ass while sitting on the toilet
my mother, on the other hand,
stands to wipe
i wipe as she taught me
standing
she was the only girl in a house full of men and a leave it to beaver goes to manhattan mother
wearing pearls to dinner
fashionable, aloof, cultured
cocktails at 4 sharp
uptown sophisticates who dined with senators
they were proud that they could hold their liquor
they sent my mom to brown

my lesbian confidante chuckles about that
"the brown mounds of brown" or something
my mom didnt deny it when i asked her about it at dinner
she said "you would too if all there were around you were brown men"
cue the cackles
my mother is a world class cackler

we can laugh about my fathers near escape with homosexuality and my mothers lesbian experiences because its healthier than repressing it
we laugh things out
it might seem cruel to todays object of derision but you gotta be tough at our dinner table
so tough that many people choose to stay away at holidays
to avoid the truth about themselves
because it will come out sooner or later
thats why im ending this blog here at 500 posts to start a new one
Dinnertabletruths
dinner table truths will be the reason my faily stops talking to me
they are too damned supportive of "my art"
yeah
so goodbye muse blog
500 is too many on any one thing
you helped me thru some shit
kept the insanity bubbling in my life
helped me start some shit
out

1 Comments:

Blogger Angel said...

I've cackled a time, or, TOO at that table.

2:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home