waiting for my muse in a dark alley with an aluminum bat

unedited pure neanderthal musings NeANDERThallus's DONut EDiT!!! historical records from my cave walls... brutality, menial labor, minor victories, hot sexy interludes....... 3 years on the edges of a society that i cant distance myself enough from

My Photo
Name:

since 2005 i've been picking at this keyboard. the thoughtstreams flow, who knows from whence they came, or to whence they go? enjoy the ride...... i am

Saturday, June 03, 2006

another saturday nite in south philly
wawa is thirty to forty deep
kids high on sugar from the movies
or from blunts
harried parents getting milk for tommorrow
big fat hungry losers

its the same story at the sandwich shop next door
alot more beer buyers there
there is nastiness in the air
the faux manners blasting out
"JESUS CHRIST, you could said excuse me..."
says the easily annoyed miss manners junkie as i brush against her
haji recognises me and waves me to the front
i want out of there
i apologize to the lass
her man is silent
i got him by a buck fifty and eight or nine inches in height

the kids are squeezing the last few laughs out of an evening of chocolate and candy and trying to sneak into another movie
giddy and laughing and running wild in the streets
working the young girls
flirting with the young boys

i pedal away from the population center
sixpack on my handle bars
some asshole revs his engine behind me
i cross in front of him and stop at the stop sign
put my feet down
turn my head
and wait

he doesnt stop at the sign
tinted windows hide the occupants
i see a shadow in the back seat
three at least

the car stops just after the interscetion
a window rolls down
punk says i thought so
i say fuck you pussy as i grab a 16 ounce beer can from the ring
doors start to open and my beer can flies
BAM!
beer everywhere
i throw my bike down and reload

i couldnt have aimed it better
it must have been the noise
or the two hundred and eighty pound psycho running towards the car
screaming a scream of obscenities
they pull away

and i laugh and drink the one in my hand
toasting the gods of insanity as i pedal home
another fun nite in south philly

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home