waiting for my muse in a dark alley with an aluminum bat

unedited pure neanderthal musings NeANDERThallus's DONut EDiT!!! historical records from my cave walls... brutality, menial labor, minor victories, hot sexy interludes....... 3 years on the edges of a society that i cant distance myself enough from

My Photo
Name:

since 2005 i've been picking at this keyboard. the thoughtstreams flow, who knows from whence they came, or to whence they go? enjoy the ride...... i am

Friday, June 01, 2007

in the hot warehouse i wrestle with 120 pounds of airconditioner on a shelf above my head
inch by inch i work it out
they put it up there to save space
they used the forklift
i silentlcurse them as dust tips off the top and catch the thing with my hip as it tries to commit suicide
i check the paperork and something isnt right
this isnt the right unit and now the cursing is vocal
the walk back to the showroom is sweaty, but not as bad as the warehouse
i tell the customer im still looking for it and go in to talk to the asshole manager whio gives me a piece of paper with a different number and a little bit of attitude
that attitude could be dangerous to his well being
the guys in the warehouse have me as the 9-5 favorite to pop him
but i think my warehousemate has a shorter fuse and much better odds
then they change the rules so i cant bet on myself
but that makes it more of a challenge
i return to the sweaty warehouse in the back and push a few more heavy ones around and still cant find the right one and the walk back is even more sweaty and dangerous
i object to the tone of the asshole manager and match his exactly while adding a little volume for drama as customers are now watching
i make my way to the timeclock saying the best thing for me to do is probably to PUNCH out now
thats about as much violence as i can inject into the conversation without being accused of making threats
making threats is grounds for termination
emphasizing the word punch in a sentence is not
too many witnesses for threats
better to drop something heavy on him by accident at some future point
to not lift my end the next time a big heavy thing comes
oops i lost my grip my grip slipped soory
you all right
i dont think i am that kind of employee yet
but its hot back there in the warehouse
a transformative kind of hot
oh the personal growth that i feel each day
and to wak off the job on the first truly hot day would be a sign of weakness
ill let the heat break the other weaker types
it will just make me stronger
forge my determination to be a much more patient poker player
if i work really hard for my money maybe i will concentrate better when i gamble it
yeah
big picture

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home