waiting for my muse in a dark alley with an aluminum bat

unedited pure neanderthal musings NeANDERThallus's DONut EDiT!!! historical records from my cave walls... brutality, menial labor, minor victories, hot sexy interludes....... 3 years on the edges of a society that i cant distance myself enough from

My Photo
Name:

since 2005 i've been picking at this keyboard. the thoughtstreams flow, who knows from whence they came, or to whence they go? enjoy the ride...... i am

Thursday, November 17, 2005

OH SOOKY SOOKY
i gotta hat in the teach game again
at a skool that is for artists
and creative type kids
and i have paid attention to teaching greats when i saw them do their thing
and been amazed by their energy
i might be working on blooming here
where the winds carried me
it seems random
the skool seems like a perfect fit
they have a need
and i am actually qualified and in the right position
and maybe this is one of those cases
where preparation meets opportunity
and i wear a tie every day
and i dont mind cause its what they need
and if they ask me to do what my resume says i cam do
and the resume is accurate
no padding
just the facts
cuz i aint got time for lies
i am what i am
i am an abused teacher
on the rebound
just out of an abusive relationship with a school system and some thugged out kids
looking for fertile fields to plow
throwing the farmer john stuff at them
cuz in eighth grade my folkes moved me from the burbs to hickstowne USA
so they cant be more weirded out about school than i was
school changed on me
a few times
ill try to give them a constant
that they can use to factor their equations of life
with real stories of losers i know
most of them me
who failed and redeemed themselves
i know a guy who....
like the girl today
whose jacket smelled like reefer
but who acted like a normal kid
her jacket has been to some parties
and recently
like on the way to school
so i can only assume that her parent or guardian is a weedsmoker
and burned one on the way to school with her today
and her fluffy jacket saved the smell
it ok if your parents are potheads
i know a guy who thought he was going to reform school at your age
because of the nine foot plants in his backyard
and the kitchen full of hippies
but he turned out ok
he learned to not take his friends into the house when certain vw busses were in the driveway
and everything worked out
anxiety is the lifesblood of the middleschool years
you dont know shit
everybody pretends to know more shit than you
and your BS detector isnt active yet because the peer pressure is so strong as you try to figure out your identity
from a bouquet of choices
should i be goth or jock
gay or theatrical
farmer or yuppie
wigger or racist
headbanger or junkie
head or brain
dork or dorkette
pimply or absent
emotionally challenged or ADD
gifted or goofed on
it feels right
it feels like destiny
it feels like i can start the whole legacy thing
my rugby team
my writers guild
my chess club
my hardworking kids who just need a push
to do better at life than me
cuz they know the hard facts
and want to do it the right way
the fun way
the "im engaged in life's possiblilites" way

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home