waiting for my muse in a dark alley with an aluminum bat

unedited pure neanderthal musings NeANDERThallus's DONut EDiT!!! historical records from my cave walls... brutality, menial labor, minor victories, hot sexy interludes....... 3 years on the edges of a society that i cant distance myself enough from

My Photo
Name:

since 2005 i've been picking at this keyboard. the thoughtstreams flow, who knows from whence they came, or to whence they go? enjoy the ride...... i am

Monday, February 06, 2006

memory is the secret to cheap living as i dO
i remember the shit i have to do for money to come my way and am filled with such revulsion that i gladly eat oodles of noodles for a week if that means i don't have to go on a money chasE
i got some work lined up this week that ain't too unpalatablE
ripping off drywall, tearing down a sheD
its dirty and dusty, but i can smell the way i want to, remain grizzled, and be pretty much left alonE
i like jobs where clean laundry is not a prerequisitE
laundry is such a pain in the ass when you do it the cheap waY
i fill my sink with soapy water and laundry, let it soak, squeeze the soap thru it and rinse and squeeze some more, wringing it and letting it drip for awhile before carting it downstairs to the dryer that someone has thoughtfully broken into, rendering it free, if you know how to trip the coin mechanisM
its a feel thinG
laundry takes alot longer this way, but the price is righT
im sure my grip strength is improving from wringing the laundry so that if i ever shave and put on clean clothes and have my dream job interview they can be dutifully impressed by my firm handshakE
what is the chance of that happening, thO
besides, for my dream job i will decide whether to shave by choice, not compunctioN
so when i have this pocket full of cash i will hoard it like a miser and try to make it last as long as possible until the next cash aquisition opportunity arises that does not impose too high a tarriff on my dignity and artistic sensibilitieS
people should be happy that i show up at their stinky job anywaY
they'll have a good time laughing at my philosophizing as i toil for their filthy lucrE
one of my teachers in college hit the nail on the head when she said it looked like
"you did just enough to get by"
Just Enough To Slide .....sliding into the futurE
J.E.T.S.
sliding beats stressing out about things you cannot controL
sliding implies the slipperiness of our society and the lack of control that any individual has over the direction of his/her lifE
the best laid plans of mice and men and alL
and if even the best laid plans are subject to ruin then why bother planning at alL?
go with the flow, slide into the curve, something will come along to the patienT
something that doesnt consume ones daily hours with pointless exercises in some bloated capitalists wetdreaM
some kind of toil which is appreciated by both worker and employeR
some kind of labor which doesn't involve corporate or financial handcuffS
ive seen people in the golden handcuffS
making too much too quit, but incredibly unhappY
trading their lives for a fantasy, expenses increasing because thats how they enjoy their life, spending and consuming and isnt it wonderful until you have to go back to the salt mineS
buying the right car and home and wife and where does all the money gO?
have a kid or two and get a second joB?
no thankS
ill just chill out here for a bit, washing my clothes in my sink and tapping away at this machine until the right situation ariseS
i'll know because I won't choke on my bile as i collect my wageS
i'll know like my heart knew when i found those two perfect womeN
i'm doing my life by feel and it feels finE
just enough to slide
happily sliding by
and when maximum effort is required my reserves will be ready for the tasK
and i will engage more fully with life when that opportunity ariseS
as long as life doesnt try to call me on the phone with that opportunitY
my phone is always busY

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home