waiting for my muse in a dark alley with an aluminum bat

unedited pure neanderthal musings NeANDERThallus's DONut EDiT!!! historical records from my cave walls... brutality, menial labor, minor victories, hot sexy interludes....... 3 years on the edges of a society that i cant distance myself enough from

My Photo
Name:

since 2005 i've been picking at this keyboard. the thoughtstreams flow, who knows from whence they came, or to whence they go? enjoy the ride...... i am

Saturday, January 14, 2006

rock bottom, or the skies the limit?
my life filled with potential, some would say, as i am not tied down to anything or anyone and am ready to get started again on SOMETHING
whatever this new and exciting chapter of my life should be
with this in mind i sent an application to the korean teaching oranization
i have a phone interview as soon as i call them
i wonder how i will blow this one
my cool little schhol job has evaporated
the principal, who is indecisive and old
has hired one of her friends to take the job she promised me
replacing the pregnant lady
this lady is under fire for poor personel decisions
the parents are after her
she wants to be sure
and i guess my wearing a tie and being positive and available didnt do it for her
in the back of my mind i have a feeling i got sideswiped
low bridged
i sense in my interactions with some teachers there a change
a subtle thing
the look you get when you say hello
the smiles returned with visible effort at politeness
i can tell what happened
one of the ladies "super teachers" was out for three days
i spent that time with her kids
she left them busy work
kids were in and out of the room for vocal rehersals and other holiday pagent things
i said what ususally happens when this goes on?
the kids answered we chill
i said what?
they said we chill out, she says she doesnt want to teach the same lesson twice
i may have commented that that was a waste of time
that word may have gotten back to the teacher
who then would sabotage me
it makes sense to me
knowing how eighth graders love to run back and forth with stories
and lets be real
how long would i be expected to survive in an environment where little kids listen to EVERY word i say?
i have a litle diahrrea of the mouth
i spout notions
some of these notions may ride the edges
and my NEED to joke with kids
my innate ability to get them all fired up
its what i do
i cant help messing with kids brains
it just happens
jokes get misinterpreted
and sound less funny in the principals office
"mr baker, jorie here says that you said....."
then you must contextualize the whole day
living under a microscope is not the way i want to live
besides, my massive talents are wasted if my audience is merely one class
one school
my audience must be vast if i am to spread my message of love and hijinx most thouroughly
so im going to start writing kids books

The snow was falling quickly. Thick, clumpy, school cancelling flake collectives. Hissing slightly as they fell and quickly piling up, the only sound penetrating the flakes is the crunching of my shoes. The streetlights pop on even though it is only afternoon and the visibility is getting worse when I smelled it. Bacon. Ham and burning plastic? Thick black smoke pours out of an alley and mars the beautiful winter scene and I know I have arrived in the right place.
I turn into the alley and see orange flames licking a pile of rubbish. As I approach I see the telltale huge red shoes sticking out of the flames and know that the mysterious caller that sent me here was not a fake. It was the fourth burning bozo this week. I'm Frank Savege, clownicide. A special division investigating the early termination of careers in clowning. This was the fourth one this year. All preceded by an eerie phonecall, taunting me. "Get here, quick," the voice says< " im pouring lighter fluid on Mr. Giggles right now..."
Mr. Giggles didn't make it. Nor did Clowny, Bubbles or Frankie Knuckles the cosa nostra clown, who specialized in baloons shaped as guns, fedoras, cement shoes and other mafia themed epherma......

1 Comments:

Blogger Angel said...

hi bakeowski.

Stunning. I look forward to more. Check me out --perkasiedirt.blogspot

1:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home