waiting for my muse in a dark alley with an aluminum bat

unedited pure neanderthal musings NeANDERThallus's DONut EDiT!!! historical records from my cave walls... brutality, menial labor, minor victories, hot sexy interludes....... 3 years on the edges of a society that i cant distance myself enough from

My Photo
Name:

since 2005 i've been picking at this keyboard. the thoughtstreams flow, who knows from whence they came, or to whence they go? enjoy the ride...... i am

Monday, July 17, 2006

my brother and a coworker headed to the northeast one night to bowl
we were in college
i believe wewere drinking strong beer
thats when you sip some beer out of the can
and add vodka
bowling was looking fun
as we walked to the alley,
friskiness ensued
my brother and i started swinging at each other
good ole drunkin hijinx
cussing
we quickly found an audience
dude was yelling
yeah kick his ass
yeah
so i turned to him
and said
who the fuck are you
telling me
to kick my brothers ass
you asshole
and i started towards him
he swang
i ducked under it
and tackled him
i wound up on top pretty quickly and started peppering his head with fists
my knees were on his arms
an old brother torture trick
now used for real
i would miss his head every now and then and that hurt
we were in the middle of the street
and i remember hitting the manhole cover and saying ow
and noticing blood
not my own
on both fists
so i did the right thing
had a bout of humanity
and let him go
before the KO
his ass was well kicked
and we proceeded to the bowling alley
three minutes later hes coming at us with a bat and a dog
i picked up a broken window frame from the garbage and swung it at him
my brother picked up chunks of asphalt and winged them at him and the dog
it was a stale mate
the broken glass in the window was a deterrent
and my brother kept throwing the chunks of street
mexican standoff
movement caught my eye
we ran into a firehouse pursued by the dog
who i locked in a storeroom before heading out the back door
spent two more hours wandering around northeast philly looking for the train
laughing at the expressions on the firemans faces
and recreating the "oof" sounds the dude made whenever he got hit by a chunk of concrete
we felt like spies then
and our alcoholism was glamourous

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home