waiting for my muse in a dark alley with an aluminum bat

unedited pure neanderthal musings NeANDERThallus's DONut EDiT!!! historical records from my cave walls... brutality, menial labor, minor victories, hot sexy interludes....... 3 years on the edges of a society that i cant distance myself enough from

My Photo
Name:

since 2005 i've been picking at this keyboard. the thoughtstreams flow, who knows from whence they came, or to whence they go? enjoy the ride...... i am

Sunday, October 15, 2006

standing in the audience with my drunk brother who is ticking like a timebomb
on the way to the club he was abusing pedestrians and motorists with his brand of loud, abusive, in your face "hey im hammered" humor
GET IT?
my brother is a very goal oriented drinker
the goal being to become as drunk as possible, as fast as possible
i try not to fill him in on the details the next day when he claims not to remember
he kinda gets a kick out of hearing what an asshole he was
JA SEE THAT GUY?
WHATTA FAGGOT
being that this show was the psychedelic furs i was sure there would be more faggot sitings that evening
so i kept an eye open for security
and tried to enjoy the aging rockstars
maybe two hundred and fifty or so people in the audience
say the band gets five to ten bucks a head
four of them
plus roadies
maybe the lead singer is pulling in 400 bucks for the nite
you can live on that, but it aint the arena
he still was working the crowd very professionally
maintaining eyecontact with each section for a few seconds then shifting his focus
i had a good spot
on the steps leading up from the pit
top step
the guy behind me kept yelling WOO after every song
then making a loud request
in my ear
PLAY LOVE MY WAY
suddenly my brother wasnt the most dangerous bakerboy in the place
i turned to this music fan and yelled right in his face
YEAH MAN LOVE MY WAY ROCKS DUDE I LOVE THAT SONG
he nodded
he may have though we were bonding
i turned to the stage
another fine song from the 80s about love and alienataion and isnt she pretty in pink
another woohoo
another request for his favortie song in my left ear
i turn again
i sip my beer for maximum spray and enunciate at the top of my register
THAT WASNT LOVE MY WAY MAN< YELL LOUDER< I DONT THINK THEY HEARD YOU
hes not nodding this time
this time i get a look
i turn to hear the nice song about how president gas is president gas for president
its request time again for the idiot
after the perfunctory WOO HOO that is
i chug my beer
burp
turn to face my fellow music fan
I turn my volume to eleven because its one louder
MAN ARE THEY FUCKING WIT YOU OR WHAT?
im less than two inches from his nose
clearly breaching not only his personal space but also clearly verbally assulting him as i really punch the FUCKING WITH YOU part
he gives ground
i take ground
im about to explaing to him why ghost in you is a much better song when i feel my elbow grabbed and i turn
cocking a fist and its my brother asking me what the fuck am i doing starting shit and i start laughing as dude slinks off into the crowd and we decide we will leave after the next song which is ghost in you and i sing along because i am a very good singer and then we leave
two cabelleros of consumption
beer muscles all flexy and dangerous as any hick ever was to any city folk
his jokes seem funnier now

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home