waiting for my muse in a dark alley with an aluminum bat

unedited pure neanderthal musings NeANDERThallus's DONut EDiT!!! historical records from my cave walls... brutality, menial labor, minor victories, hot sexy interludes....... 3 years on the edges of a society that i cant distance myself enough from

My Photo
Name:

since 2005 i've been picking at this keyboard. the thoughtstreams flow, who knows from whence they came, or to whence they go? enjoy the ride...... i am

Thursday, November 09, 2006

tee shirt weather
early november
i cant remember
a day so beautiful

cutting up a fallen tree
the chainsaw and me
dog nowhere to see
whats up with that?

i turn the saw off
bathe in the sound of the brook
running full from heavy rains
the sun begs me to take a nap
not today my friend

the tree is bent from the pressure of the creek water
its half submerged
theres tension in the trunk
which is bent unnaturally
this is how chainsaw accidents occur

but not today

its too pretty a day to die
so i think it through
saving my toes and fingers for later adventures
not slashing open my femoral artery on a kickback
not today

id try for the creek if it happened tho
get the recycling of my body started
blood flowing downstream to feed microbes
flesh for the crayfish to tear into
eyeballs for the crows to enjoy
if they are quick enough
and there comes the dog now
smelling his supper

1 Comments:

Blogger phebsterG said...

this is a good poem!
phebsterG

9:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home