waiting for my muse in a dark alley with an aluminum bat

unedited pure neanderthal musings NeANDERThallus's DONut EDiT!!! historical records from my cave walls... brutality, menial labor, minor victories, hot sexy interludes....... 3 years on the edges of a society that i cant distance myself enough from

My Photo
Name:

since 2005 i've been picking at this keyboard. the thoughtstreams flow, who knows from whence they came, or to whence they go? enjoy the ride...... i am

Thursday, November 05, 2009

regaining my mental space
avoiding the news
avoiding the programming
i embraced the local sports franchise and had to endure an hour plus of ads per game
now the season is done and i can
give my liver a rest
return to my books
scribble

been a bit of a zombie from this commitment
it was great fun last year to be in the same city as champions
but im glad its over
we chased the high again
and it wasnt the same
the bars were less crowded
the energy noticeably lower
we are now jaded
we need
new bread
new circusses
new debaucheries

being part of the herd was great fun
but i am not the jacket buying type
im not wearing my favorite players number and name like a lovesick teen
im not dating any of them
im happy for the millionaires successes
yea team

so i gotta go graze by myself
regain my ironic distance
ive over bonded
balance time
ill catch up with the herd on new years day
here in philly
when the men wear dresses
to celebrate the new year
ill make sure they dont run out of beer
and slap some fives
and maybe dance a little in the street when they play oh dem golden slippahs
drive the beer truck on a practice run
then back in the cave for a bit
maybe some poker will bring me out
maybe some honey can entice me
maybe ill be driven out

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home