waiting for my muse in a dark alley with an aluminum bat

unedited pure neanderthal musings NeANDERThallus's DONut EDiT!!! historical records from my cave walls... brutality, menial labor, minor victories, hot sexy interludes....... 3 years on the edges of a society that i cant distance myself enough from

My Photo
Name:

since 2005 i've been picking at this keyboard. the thoughtstreams flow, who knows from whence they came, or to whence they go? enjoy the ride...... i am

Monday, October 03, 2005

ok, this time i mean it, i'll really do iT. i will step into the machine that crushes hope and souls better and more efficiently than any ever inventeD. Thats righT. tommorrow i calibrate my life goals even lower, to their most demeaning depthS.
at 8 a.m. i will pour some water into my coffee pot, then jump into the cold shower, with hot accents that has kept me almost fresh since the bastards from the gas company screwed me out of hot showers yet agaiN. gel in my hair, clean shirt, i will stride purposefully into my new future, fill out the application and firmly shake the mangers hanD.
the surly waiter show, starting up a new engagement at the fabulous melrose dineR. see if you can be the straw that breaks this weary camels bacK. im gonna take the 11pm to 7 am shift so i can leave the days open for interviews and maybe some more fabulous temp shiftS!!!
to say that i am excited by this rich new chapter in my life would be vastly understating the casE.
i get to be mother theresa every night, feeding the poor, the hungry, the huddled diner masseS.
to say that this is pulling the trigger on my "suicide of hope" would be much closer to the trutH. unless the cartridge is a dud, i plan to be miserable, but, knowing this going in prepares me more to enjoy the miserY. the zen of it alL. the beauty in a job well done, perfectly refilled coffee cups and endless ashtrays, extra napkins and the smell of grease that sinks into your pores late in the shift, mixing with your sweat in a smelltastic melange, a bouquet that says... "winneR"
a waitress i worked with last week said it all used to get to her too, then she remembered that jesus was a servant toO. "hi, im jesus, ill be your waiter tonight, for the bluplate special we have baked haddock with macaroni and cheese with string beans for 5.99, which also includes one beverage, no refillS. a trip to our fabulous salad bar can also never mind i need to start drinking noW

1 Comments:

Blogger phebsterG said...

The Melrose Diner? Isn't that where the politicians go to meet the people? I think Bill Clinton campaigned there. Perhaps you'll be dicovered....

1:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home