waiting for my muse in a dark alley with an aluminum bat

unedited pure neanderthal musings NeANDERThallus's DONut EDiT!!! historical records from my cave walls... brutality, menial labor, minor victories, hot sexy interludes....... 3 years on the edges of a society that i cant distance myself enough from

My Photo
Name:

since 2005 i've been picking at this keyboard. the thoughtstreams flow, who knows from whence they came, or to whence they go? enjoy the ride...... i am

Thursday, March 06, 2008

Filling out job apps again
An emancipated laborer
I granted myself freedom from my 8-430 job by harvesting poker winnings from the neighborhood
I have a full check and whats left of a grand
Ill prepay a month of rent and even paint if I have to
To keep my freedom
Im applying for tutoring jobs
Waiting for the teaching credentials to reappear
I need to fill out some forms, pay some bucks and maybe take a test
Until then im filling out apps
Reason for leaving job: the sense of dread that accompanied me on my daily commute, that and the dead-end-edness of the enterprise.
Hope this new boss/saviour has a sense of humor
My pen cant lie
I use integrity brand ink in it
Falsehood turn invisible with my brand of ink
Only gently massaged truths and brutal honesty flow from my hands
Whose got time to lie?
Whose got time for fiction?
Reality is entertaining enough
I send wild emails daily
To employers listing jobs on Craig list
I told the guy looking for golf course workers that that had been my fantasy job since high school,
Which is when I saw the movie caddy shack
I told the Buddhists that needed catering interns in California that I needed peace and quiet, the redwoods sounded peaceful and that I hope they could extend the internship to forever if I fell in love with the place as easily in person as I did on their website
The lawn care people claimed to have environmentally “responsible” methods, and I told them that if that was the case Id sell the shit out of their fertilizer to hippy earth moms and their offspring. He called me back to say my commute would be a deal breaker.
so damn,
people do seem to be willing to hire freaks.
So maybe my freakishness is an asset I should highlight more
My calling card will be the outlandish introductory letter
Followed by the solid credentials
This one lady keeps blowing me off
Ive sent her three wild emails about teaching as a sub in her schools
My gardening and rugby visions
My kid centered word ventures
Shes afraid of me
So ill keep sending her stuff each week
Until she breaks
I told her to please just call mme in one day for a formal observation in any classromm in any subject on my first day with minimal prep time
With or without lesson plans
any age group
Garunteed relevant lesson plans
In writing
I have something to share with all kids
Just let me at them
This is why I need to quit sitty jobs
It keeps me from imagining my future
Why this week already I was a Pappas an in korea
Teaching English there
or in Vietnam on a beach with lower and lower levels of agent orange in the flora every year!
Unexploded ordinance has almost all been found
And the thai stick here is unrivalled
Yeah biatch




\\

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home