waiting for my muse in a dark alley with an aluminum bat

unedited pure neanderthal musings NeANDERThallus's DONut EDiT!!! historical records from my cave walls... brutality, menial labor, minor victories, hot sexy interludes....... 3 years on the edges of a society that i cant distance myself enough from

My Photo
Name:

since 2005 i've been picking at this keyboard. the thoughtstreams flow, who knows from whence they came, or to whence they go? enjoy the ride...... i am

Monday, May 19, 2008

Floating drunk-fuck-like thru another wasted Sunday
fridays goat roast/party never ended for my liver
The flyers were done early
I couldn’t sit at my buds house anymore
So back to the rock

The mighty mighty shamrock pub

Where I wind up when im bored, broke
on the way to or from things
My poker haven
My door guy place
I start throwing money at horses
2-8 dollars at a time
And all of a sudden
Im almost broke again
Now im really kicking myself in the ass
I was up a bean thirty when I went to bed the night before
How did I spend 75 bucks on nothing?
No buzz
Time to beat it home
Tail between my legs
Recrimination time
you ahole you......
you may have to get a job now, smart guy
I follow the owner out
He asks the night guy if hes working
Night guy says no
There is no relief guy and hes on the phone
I say ill work
And im in like Flynn
Learning the name of working class generosity
These dudes tip like rockstars
I thought I was a player with my five dollar tips
They double me and more
The other bartenders are flush with cash and big timing and it works for me
No no no, don’t take her money
I SAID NO
she doesnt pay
and incidentally
nobody
NOBODY, puts baybee in a corner
Whatever dude
You are the man
Im the guy collecting the cash
Ill help you look big
Five hours behind the bar
Equivalent to an hourly amount like those given to pipefitters
times five
No taxes
Im not going broke again any time soon
Hopefully
Woo hoo

1 Comments:

Blogger Angel said...

Amazing. Only you. Bartending again soon?
Maybe push at Khyber...

8:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home