waiting for my muse in a dark alley with an aluminum bat

unedited pure neanderthal musings NeANDERThallus's DONut EDiT!!! historical records from my cave walls... brutality, menial labor, minor victories, hot sexy interludes....... 3 years on the edges of a society that i cant distance myself enough from

My Photo
Name:

since 2005 i've been picking at this keyboard. the thoughtstreams flow, who knows from whence they came, or to whence they go? enjoy the ride...... i am

Friday, March 28, 2008

in my constant battle with the wolves i am managing to hold them at bay
they get near my neck from time to time
but i always escape
i have manufactured more time for myself
quitting one shitty job for another
i gained two hours a day i used to waste on public transportation
that should be worth something
i have open days for odd jobs, paint work or even substitute teaching
..... if i get my ducks in a row
but most of the ducks have been gobbled up by the always present wolves
the surviving ducks are a wary, suspicious lot
they've seen their hatchling buddies eaten up by a wolf in drunks clothing
they thought little red riding hood could not happen to them
im going to have to adapt my work schedule too
right now they have me for four days a week
which feels like too much
tey also want me to show up for brunch, which makes me shudder
that would be a massively long day
i need to impress upon them that i want a three day work week
ill work another week or so before i start making demands
i did say weds, if needed
i guess they needed me...
they want to eat up my free time because i am an undervalued commodity
im not charging them enough
i need to get my manipulation game together
get the manager used to my refusals
is it realistic for the 44 year olde man, who works until his feets be hurting to then show up for breakfast, like a young buck?
i wil try it for one day
but i will fill the air with complaints
the manager must choose
saturday night or all day sunday
not both
fucker
no one will work me to death
i wont let them
not for shit money
you want me to kill myself?
you better triple my pay
and hire someone else
i have done the weekend warrior thing, but with better shoes
and 20 years ago
when i recovered alot more quickly
when my knees had the factory issued ligaments and shock absorbers
before they put a cadaver in my left knee and sewed the right one back together with titaniums screws
EYES OLD AN MY FEETS BE HURTIN
thats a line that needs to be on my resume
the one that was on the application was the line about the sense of dread that filled me whenever i got on the bus to my dead end job
they still hired me
maybe they didnt read that line?
doesnt that line scream "employee of the month candidate?"
ill start my brain wave manipulation of management tonight
hopefully he is not jabba the hut
immune to my jedi mind tricks
they will figure it out
ill help them manage me
thats who i am
helpful harry

1 Comments:

Blogger Angel said...

"EYES OLD AN MY FEETS BE HURTIN"
AHHHHH!! LOL LOL LOL! I laughed until I coughed -- tried to call and tell you... let's do the bookstore? My treat to coffee and sandwich

8:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home