waiting for my muse in a dark alley with an aluminum bat

unedited pure neanderthal musings NeANDERThallus's DONut EDiT!!! historical records from my cave walls... brutality, menial labor, minor victories, hot sexy interludes....... 3 years on the edges of a society that i cant distance myself enough from

My Photo
Name:

since 2005 i've been picking at this keyboard. the thoughtstreams flow, who knows from whence they came, or to whence they go? enjoy the ride...... i am

Thursday, March 20, 2008

ad for a bartender today on craigs
want a FLAIR bartender
2o years ago my manager at tgif made us go see the movie
i specialized in the messy shit, breaking shit flair
i liked throwing full drinks and sometimes they were caught
trowing icecream behind my back into a blender
stacking glases precariously
people ate it up
and if the shit broke it was all part of the party

i didnt know the rubes still found that shit fascinating
oooh
bright lights
oooh
tall buildings
look at that bartender, esther, he's twirling dem bottles like a majorette for alcoholics
gimmie a g G, gimmie an i I, give me an n N, whats that spell?
gin
whats that mean?
happiness

so i sent in my idea about their job in an email

i finished third in three consecutive TGIFridays flairolympics in virginia as a much younger man. as youknow, the tom cruise character in cocktail is workingat a tgif in manhattan, you can tell by the tablecloths.the flair i would bring is a tad rusy, but the verbalflair more than compensates. call me a stand upbartender.i may not catch as cleanly as the young bucks will,but i will have a hell of a time just missing and itwill be a blast because, deep down, dont ya reallywant to see the dude drop the bottle?its like those guys at show with the hacky sacks, justdepressing, that thats how they chose to spend theprecious hours of their youth.i can still toss a full pint glass over my shoulderand catch most of itwhat do you say?


i figure ill be the micheal caine character in the movie and at their bar
the wise old seen it all guy
wiithout the suicide, tho
life is simply too much a carnival right now!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home