waiting for my muse in a dark alley with an aluminum bat

unedited pure neanderthal musings NeANDERThallus's DONut EDiT!!! historical records from my cave walls... brutality, menial labor, minor victories, hot sexy interludes....... 3 years on the edges of a society that i cant distance myself enough from

My Photo
Name:

since 2005 i've been picking at this keyboard. the thoughtstreams flow, who knows from whence they came, or to whence they go? enjoy the ride...... i am

Saturday, January 20, 2007

a perfect morning
i wake up with beauty
in her blue undies and curves
she tells me i can sleep in
id rather help her with her beasts
at least im doing something useful
aiding the employed
dogs walked shes off and so am i
hood up
winter finally here
i cross the street to avoid a conversation with a really old friend
she will ask how im doing
i cant answer that right now
not in five minutes
there is a change on the horizon
something has to happen soon
i stop for bread in the italian market
sarcones
the best
crusty fresh and still a little warm from the oven
i like my hooded
like a druid i slowly meander home
thinking deep thoughts about the universe
a shaft of sunlight breaks through the clouds
i bask
god doesnt want me to work today
at home i take a short nap in the sun and read the second half a phenomenal novel
i go online, energized
i apply for implausible jobs
writing lesson plans for a christiona website sounds good
i tell them in the email that i worked with jesus' peoople in the inner city
except i capitalized his name
and who knows
they want a creative writer
i could do it
i end my email with have a blessed day
who knows
at least i tried today
and the sun is streaming through my window onto my chair in the middle of all my jade plants
it would be a crime not to take advantage of this moment
another glorious nap
the sun moves
nap over
choclate soy milk peanut butter and the bread complete a trifecta of goodness
in the book im reading the men go off to talk football
leaving the women to their plans
i decide to leave my cocoon and buy the paper to keep my sports up
i search for my cash
the 20 i had is nowhere to be found
i briefly panic
but its gone
the weight is off my shoulders
now i cant afford a haircut
to loook presentable to potential employers
i gotta let my freak flag fly now
let em try to hire this hillbilly looking brute
ha ha
now with no decisions life is easy
i know how to starve
i know how to rummage for change
i can find the best food bargains for a buck
and life is easy again
a perfect day comes to a close as i check in with the woman and drift off to sleep

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home